Thursday, October 11, 2018

I am going to try again for the 4th time. We have truly been on an adventure, some hard but mostly it has been a wonder experience. 

When we left SeaTac on Tuesday, the plane was 1 1/2 hours late which made us late into Frankfurt. Fortunately, the Lufthansa Captain was able to get permission from the tower to wait on all the people connecting on the flight to Tel Aviv. They picked us up on the tarmac by bus and transfered us all way to the other side of the airport,  There were another 50 people that were supposed to be on the same flight but they did not make it before the tower made us leave.  So sad for them.

We arrived in Tel Aviv only to find out that John, Kit, and my luggage did not make the flight, everyone else’s did! Lost luggage forms were filled out and we were on our way.

Our hotel for the night was right on the Mediterranean Sea in Tel Aviv.  Helen, Terri, and I just had to get our feet in the warm water. The area was bustling with people, several volleyball games were going on, there was a huge outdoor fitness area full of guys working out.  It was safe and so many people were out at night time.

Today we left Tel Aviv and started another adventure visiting Caesarea, Mount Carmel, Megiddo, Nazareth, and Tiberius. I wanted to post several pictures but every thing shut down when I tried earlier to post. 

The best part of the day was visiting Megiddo because we descended down into  an actual water supply system.

We are now in Tiberius for two nights. Our luggage finally caught up with us tonight. Oh Man, I am thankful for clean clothes! Pictures to follow it I can get them to post.  We will cross the Sea of Galilee tomorrow.

Our guide is an overflowing source of information and the luxury bus driver is so skilled to drive on these narrow roads.

Hopefully pictures will follow.
.

1 comment: